At Vestd we’re transforming a world dominated by ‘Capital’, to one which more fairly recognises the value, effort and contribution every team member makes to the success of a business.
We’ve built the UK’s first shares and equity management platform for SMEs and we make it easy for business owners to issue shares and options; compliantly, affordably and without all the usual headaches to that team.
We’re looking for a Valuations and Customer Success Associate to join our customer success team and support us with producing valuations for customers and converting their existing share schemes into the Vestd app.
You’ll be joining a team who passionately believe in the power of sharing ownership, working directly with the founders, where you’ll have the opportunity to really make your mark as we continue our rapid growth. You’ll learn a huge amount from a team who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of shares and equity and you’ll get to understand the inner workings of some of the most progressive small businesses in the UK.
Who you are
You’ll be excited about joining a fast growing, technology business. You’ll appreciate that being part of an early life business means being open and keen to work on everything from app support to identifying opportunities for improving services to spending large portions of time crunching numbers in spreadsheets to speaking to customers and gathering information. You’ll be a details nerd and enjoy getting lost in spreadsheet data and often complex legal documents.
- Working closely with our customers to create a business valuation for agreement with HMRC and for use with their share scheme
- Working closely with the Customer Success Manager and other internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improving our processes
- Helping customers with setting up their share schemes and offering ongoing support with those schemes
These are the tools we use frequently, so ideally you will already know your way around them:
- Google Docs / Sheets
- Google Analytics
- A self-starter who can flourish when working in a remote team
- Accountancy experience
- Ideally you’ll have a numeracy based degree
- Excellent working knowledge of excel
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced SAAS environment
- Exposure to commercial company legal documents or other similar legal contracts
- Obsessive levels of attention to detail
- Keen and enthusiastic with a real desire to make a difference
- Brilliant at prioritisation and managing own workload as we are a 95% remote business
- Mathematically competent with lots of experience with Excel
- Ability to understand and empathise with our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for the mission we are on
- Proactive approach to learning
Bonus skills and attributes
- Understanding shares and equity, how UK limited companies are generally structured and the types of share schemes SMEs typically use
What you can expect
- Vestd is a fast-growing, progressive startup with big ambitions, so you can expect to wear plenty of different hats on your journey with us. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic, and everybody here passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership.
- Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
- Our team works remotely, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
- You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of shares and equity and you’ll get to understand the inner workings of some of the most interesting SMEs in the UK.
Why work for Vestd?
We’re a small team doing very big things! Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
Here are some of the main reasons why people like working at Vestd:
- Flexible environment: we’re a fully remote team.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together.
- Plenty of trust, autonomy and freedom to do great work.
The salary will be based on the skills and experience of the right person. There is a big opportunity to grow with the Vestd business. We’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Vestd is an online platform that makes it easy for SMEs to issue shares and options; compliantly, affordably and without all the usual headaches. We have hundreds of customers using the platform and are growing rapidly. Here’s what our customers have to say about using the tool.