EMI vs Growth Shares calculator
What's the best option to give shares to your team - EMI options or Growth Shares? Learn more about how to use the calculator before you get started.
The calculations below are based on a few assumptions.
- No other shares have been issued
- Current shareholders have paid nothing for their shares (and will be subject to CGT at 20% on sale)
- EMI Options are exercised at current share price, only on exit (and will be subject to Entrepreneurs' Relief CGT at 10%)
- Proceeds from EMI Options exercised are added to exit valuation
- Growth Shares are issued at a hurdle above current share price
1 Business valuation
2 Current shares
3 Current shareholders
4 Future shareholders
5 Out-turn on exit
Schedule a free, no obligation equity consultation
Get on the fast-track via a call with one of our experts...
Talk to an expert