The Complete EMI Share Option Scheme Checklist
We created this full checklist to help business owners understand what’s really involved when setting up their employee share options scheme.
Many business owners underestimate the true costs and workload associated with setting their EMI share options scheme. That’s why we’ve created this full checklist of all the things you’ll need to consider for the life time of your scheme. This way you’ll know what’s involved, be able to protect your business, your employees and stay compliant through the journey.
The checklist is specifically aimed at UK SMEs looking to set up an EMI option scheme and will help with the following:
- Give you a full list of all the things you’ll need to consider for the life time of your scheme.
- You’ll be fully informed when you speak to your professional service advisor and can understand where they have you covered and where there are gaps.
- You’ll be able to get a realistic estimate of the total costs involved to see the scheme through to exit when comparing your options.
- You’ll be less likely to get duped by someone only interested in selling you the agreement document. As you’ll see, there’s so much more to consider than simply the option agreement document.
We’re on hand to answer any questions that you have afterwards (for free). Contact us anytime via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your copy of the complete checklist
Want to speak to an expert?
Schedule a free, no obligation equity consultation
Get on the fast-track via a 30-minute call.
Our team of equity specialists help UK SMEs every day of the week. If you are ready to give people shares (or options) then book a call to get some guidance.
Discover the best scheme type
We will outline the four most common ways of distributing shares, and the pros and cons of each one (e.g. tax-efficiency).
Understand the process
There are more than 20 steps involved in setting up a share scheme. We’ll explain what you need to do, and how to avoid the complexity and hassle by using our platform.
Figure out the costs
And not just for set up, because it’s important to know what you’re in for over the lifetime of a scheme.
Learn how to stay compliant
Around 50% of all existing EMI schemes are not compliant. Every year non-compliance costs shareholders many millions upon exit. We’ll help you avoid the mother of all headaches when it is time to exit.
Ask a Vestd expert:
- How we can help you set up a new share scheme
- Why it is important to digitise an existing scheme
- How to offset the costs of a share scheme against your tax liability
- How to incentivise shareholders in a way that minimises their own tax bill
- To show you a demo of the Vestd platform