How to file your annual return with HMRCs through the ERS system

Whether there has been any activity on your EMI scheme or not, you must submit an annual notification to HMRC through their Employee Related Securities (ERS) system. 

If there has been some activity on your EMI scheme, for example an employee has left or exercised their options, follow our help guide for submitting your annual notification. 

If there hasn't been any activity, you need to submit a nil return. Follow this help guide for step by step instructions. 


Our team, content and app can help you make informed decisions. However, any guidance and support should not be considered as 'legal or financial advice.'